Planning a trip to Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort? One of the key things you’ll want to know is how to get to the Magic Kingdom. In this guide, we’ll explore four different ways you can make this journey, each with its own advantages and drawbacks.
Option 1: Disney’s Free Bus Service
Disney World offers a free bus service from All-Star Sports to Magic Kingdom. The bus stop is conveniently located right outside the main entrance/lobby (Stadium Hall). Here are some additional details:
- The bus ride typically takes about 15 minutes, but this can vary depending on whether the bus makes additional stops at the other All-Star Resorts (Music and Movies).
- Bus service to Magic Kingdom usually starts 45 minutes before the park opens and ends 1 hour after it closes, with buses arriving approximately every 20 minutes.
- One of the major benefits of taking the bus is that it drops you off directly in front of the main entrance of Magic Kingdom, saving you the hassle of additional transportation.
- Disney’s bus service is wheelchair accessible, making it a convenient option for guests with mobility issues.
- Remember to check the bus times on the screens at the bus stop to ensure you don’t miss your ride.
Option 2: Taxi or Rideshare Services (Uber or Lyft)
If you prefer a quicker option, you can take a taxi or use a rideshare service like Uber or Lyft. Here’s what you need to know:
- The journey is about 6.3 miles (10.1 km) and usually takes less than 15 minutes, making it a faster option than the bus.
- However, unlike the Disney bus service, taxis and rideshares drop you off at Disney’s Transportation and Ticket Center, not directly at Magic Kingdom.
- From the Transportation and Ticket Center, you can take the monorail or the ferry to complete your journey to Magic Kingdom. Both services run continuously throughout the day, starting 30 minutes before the park opens and ending an hour after it closes.
Keep in mind that the cost of a taxi or rideshare can vary depending on the time of day and demand. Be sure to factor this into your budget.
Option 3: Driving Yourself
If you have your own car, driving yourself from All-Star Sports to Magic Kingdom is a viable option. Here’s what you need to know:
- The distance is 6.3 miles (10.1 km) and the drive usually takes about 10-15 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Guests staying at All-Star Sports can park at Magic Kingdom for free. However, like taxis and rideshares, you’ll need to park at the Transportation and Ticket Center and then take the monorail or the ferry to reach Magic Kingdom.
- Keep in mind that parking at the Transportation and Ticket Center can be crowded, especially during peak times. Be sure to allow extra time for this.
- Remember to note where you parked your car. The parking lot is huge and it can be easy to forget where you left your vehicle after a long day at the park.
Option 4: Minnie Van Service
Disney World has partnered with Lyft to provide Minnie Vans, which are Minnie Mouse-themed mini-vans. This service is more expensive than a regular Lyft vehicle, but it has some unique advantages:
- Minnie Vans drop you off directly in front of Magic Kingdom, just like the Disney bus service.
- You can order a Minnie Van using the Lyft app. Just choose Magic Kingdom as your destination and select the Minnie Van option.
- Minnie Vans are equipped with two car seats, making them a great option for families with young children.
- Drivers of Minnie Vans are Disney Cast Members, so they can provide a wealth of information and answer any questions you might have aboutthe parks.
- Walking from All-Star Sports to Magic Kingdom is not feasible due to the distance (6.3 miles or 10.1 km) and the lack of walking paths.
- The Disney Skyliner, a gondola lift system, does not have stations at All-Star Sports or Magic Kingdom. To use the Skyliner, you would need to stay at Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach Resort, or Riviera Resort.
- Regardless of how you choose to get to Magic Kingdom, be sure to allow plenty of time for travel. Disney World can be crowded, especially during peak times, and it’s always better to arrive early than to rush.
Tips for Navigating During Peak Times
Navigating transportation to Magic Kingdom during peak times can be challenging due to increased crowds and wait times. Here are some tips to help travelers navigate efficiently:
- Plan Ahead: Check the park’s opening and closing times, as well as any special events or peak attendance days, to anticipate crowds and plan your transportation accordingly.
- Arrive Early: Consider catching an early bus or rideshare to avoid long waits and ensure timely arrival at Magic Kingdom. Early mornings typically have lighter crowds and shorter transportation wait times.
- Utilize Off-Peak Hours: Consider visiting Magic Kingdom during off-peak hours, such as late afternoon or evening, to avoid the busiest times for transportation and park entry.
- Be Flexible: Remain flexible with your transportation plans and consider alternative routes or modes of transportation if one option experiences significant delays or overcrowding.
For travelers with specific accessibility needs, it’s important to consider the available features and accommodations provided by each transportation option. Here are some key points to keep in mind:
- Disney’s Free Bus Service: Wheelchair-accessible buses are available, equipped with ramps or lifts to accommodate guests with mobility devices. Additionally, designated seating areas and securement locations are provided for wheelchair users.
- Taxi or Rideshare Services: While taxis and rideshare vehicles may not be specifically equipped for wheelchair accessibility, passengers with mobility challenges can request assistance from drivers for safe entry and exit from the vehicle.
- Driving Yourself: Guests with accessibility needs can park in designated accessible parking spaces at the Transportation and Ticket Center. Accessible transportation options, such as wheelchair-accessible monorails or ferries, are available for transfer to Magic Kingdom.
- Minnie Van Service: Minnie Vans are equipped with features to accommodate guests with disabilities, including wheelchair-accessible vehicles and trained drivers to assist with boarding and disembarking.
Whether you choose to take the free Disney bus, a taxi or rideshare, a Minnie Van, or drive yourself, there are plenty of options for getting from All-Star Sports to Magic Kingdom. Consider the cost, convenience, and your personal schedule when deciding which option is best for you. Remember, the journey is part of the adventure. Enjoy your trip!
1. How long is the shuttle ride from All-Star Movies to Magic Kingdom?
The shuttle ride from All-Star Movies to Magic Kingdom typically takes about 15 minutes, but this can vary depending on whether the bus makes additional stops at the other All-Star Resorts.
2. Can I take the Skyliner and monorail to Magic Kingdom?
No, the Disney Skyliner does not go to Magic Kingdom. However, you can take the monorail from the Transportation and Ticket Center, which is where taxis and rideshares drop off.
3. Does Disney All-Star Movie resort have a shuttle?
Yes, Disney All-Star Movie Resort offers a free bus service to various Disney parks, including Magic Kingdom.
4. Does the Skyliner go to Magic Kingdom?
No, the Disney Skyliner does not have a station at Magic Kingdom.
5. What are the operating hours of Disney’s free bus service?
Disney’s free bus service to Magic Kingdom usually starts 45 minutes before the park opens and ends 1 hour after it closes.
6. Can I use Uber or Lyft to get to Magic Kingdom from All-Star Sports Resort?
Yes, you can use Uber or Lyft to get from All-Star Sports Resort to Magic Kingdom. However, they will drop you off at Disney’s Transportation and Ticket Center, not directly at Magic Kingdom.
7. How does the Minnie Van service work?
Minnie Van service is a partnership between Disney and Lyft. You can order a Minnie Van using the Lyft app, and it will pick you up and drop you off directly in front of Magic Kingdom.
8. Can I drive my own car from All-Star Sports Resort to Magic Kingdom?
Yes, you can drive your own car from All-Star Sports Resort to Magic Kingdom. However, you will need to park at the Transportation and Ticket Center and then take the monorail or the ferry to reach Magic Kingdom.
Mother of 2 who disguises as a 9 to 5 finance professional on most days. She loves to travel, is an amateur website builder and cook. And given her day job, she loves travel planning and saving money. Follow along!