Are you planning a trip to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park and looking for information on ticket prices, discounts, and other ways to save money? Look no further! In this guide, we’ll provide you with all the essential details you need to know to make the most of your visit. Whether you’re a first-time visitor or a seasoned traveler, this article will help you navigate through the ticket options and uncover the best deals. Let’s get started!
San Diego Safari Park Ticket Prices at the Gate
When purchasing tickets at the gate, the general admission prices for San Diego Safari Park are as follows:
- 1-Day Passes – Any Day: $71 for adults (ages 12+) and $61 for children (ages 3-11).
- 1-Day Passes – Value Dates: $71 for adults (ages 12+) and $61 for children (ages 3-11).
Please note that San Diego Zoo Safari Park charges a $1 per ticket administrative fee for online purchases through their website.
Analyzing the Savings: Finding the Best Ticket Option
To maximize your savings, it’s important to choose the right ticket option based on your specific needs. Here are some tips to help you make an informed decision:
1-Day Passes vs. Sightseeing Passes
If you’re only planning to visit the Safari Park, opting for a 1-Day ticket is the most cost-effective choice. E-ticket from GetYourGuide is probably the easiest as you just redeem them at the park turnstile. Prices are $69/$59 at time of writing, and cancellable.
Go San Diego Sightseeing Pass
However, if you’re also interested in exploring other attractions in San Diego, it’s worth considering sightseeing passes like the Go San Diego Sightseeing Pass. With this pass, you can save up to 55% off admission to various theme parks, museums, and attractions, including San Diego Zoo Safari Park and San Diego Zoo. The pass offers flexible options. You can either:
1. choose the number of attractions you want to visit, from 2 to 7 attractions.
San Diego: Go City Explorer Pass, from $94/$79(kids) to $199/$154(kids) taxes included. You can experience the best of Southern California at your own pace, with up to 60 days to use your pass.
2. or as many attractions from their 50 included activities for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 7 days.
San Diego All-Inclusive Pass by Go City – Multi Day Pass – from $119/$109(kids) to $389/$349 taxes included
The most popular 3 days would cost $219/$199 and 4 days would be $279/$269.
PLEASE NOTE: Go San Diego passes are not qualifying tickets for the Kids Free San Diego promotion in October.
Combo Ticket Packages
Keep an eye out for combo ticket packages that include admission to San Diego Safari Park along with other theme parks (like the San Diego Zoo) or attractions. These packages can provide significant savings compared to purchasing tickets separately.
For example, save 20% with a two-day ticket to the San Diego Zoo and the Safari Park in a package with GetYourGuide.
Kids Free San Diego promotion in October
Additionally, if you plan your visit in October, you can take advantage of the “Kids Free San Diego” promotion. During this month, up to 10 kids ages 11 and under can enjoy free admission to San Diego Zoo Safari Park when accompanied by a paying adult.
Discounted Safari Fees
Safaris at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park provide incredible opportunities to get even closer to the amazing wildlife in the park. It’s important to note that safaris are not included in the general admission parking fees; they require an additional cost.
The safaris, aptly named, offer unforgettable animal encounters that are among the best in the country. If you’re passionate about wildlife conservation or simply enjoy being up close and personal with animals, these safaris are highly recommended.
The cost of the safari expeditions varies depending on whether you choose a value, standard, or peak day for your visit. Use this GetYourGuide link to save on Flightline Safari experience.
San Diego CityPASS
San Diego CityPASS offers a convenient way to bundle your visit to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park with other popular attractions.
Here’s how it works:
1. decide whether you want to visit SeaWorld San Diego and/or LEGOLAND California.
2. you can choose 3 out of 4 additional experiences from the following options: either the San Diego Zoo OR Safari Park, USS Midway Museum, Old Town Trolley, and/or scenic City Cruise.
Note you can only visit either the San Diego Zoo or the Safari Park, not both. If you prefer more flexibility in your itinerary, the Go San Diego pass might be a better choice.
AAA Discounts and Other Membership Benefits
AAA members can benefit from a 10% discount on San Diego Zoo Safari Park tickets by presenting a valid membership card at the ticket window. It’s recommended to check with your local AAA branch for advance purchase options or to inquire about any additional discounts or promotions.
Moreover, if you’re a frequent visitor, consider becoming a San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance member. Memberships offer various perks, including discounted admission, special early hours, and discounts on food and merchandise. There are different membership tiers available, so choose the one that best suits your needs.
Active-duty U.S. Armed Forces personnel can receive free single-day passes to San Diego Zoo Safari Park by presenting a Common Access Card (CAC) or Uniformed Services ID card at the ticket window. Additionally, spouses and children of active-duty personnel can avail a 10% discount on single-day passes by presenting a valid dependent ID card.
It’s worth checking with your MWR Department or local military organizations for other discount programs that can be applied to San Diego Zoo Safari Park admission.
Student and Senior Discounts
Students aged 18 and older can enjoy a 10% discount on select memberships by presenting a valid student ID when purchasing in person at the park. Seniors aged 65 and older can also benefit from a 10% discount on 1-Day Passes by presenting a photo ID at the ticket window. Furthermore, during the month of February, seniors receive free general admission to San Diego Zoo Safari Park.
First Responder Discounts
During Firefighter Appreciation Month in September, active firefighters can receive free 1-Day tickets by presenting a firefighter identification card and a photo ID. Accompanying family members or friends can also receive a 10% discount on 1-Day tickets.
For more information on discounts and promotions, we recommend visiting the official San Diego Zoo Safari Park website or contacting their customer service.
San Diego Zoo Safari Park Memberships
If you’re a regular visitor to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, investing in an annual membership can offer substantial benefits. Here are some membership options available:
- San Diego Resident and San Diego Resident Premium Passes: Designed for residents of San Diego County, these passes offer weekday-only admission or unlimited admission to both the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park, along with additional perks and discounts.
- Membership Clubs: Wildlife Protector, Wildlife Protector Premium, Wildlife Guardian, and Wildlife Champion are membership tiers that provide varying levels of benefits, including admission, parking, discounts, and exclusive events.
- President’s Clubs: For those seeking even more exclusive experiences, President’s Clubs offer access to special events, behind-the-scenes experiences, and insider news.
With a membership, you can enjoy perks such as Wild Perks discounts on food, merchandise, and more, depending on your membership tier.
What to Know Before Buying San Diego Zoo Safari Park Tickets
Before you head to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, there are a few essential things you should be aware of:
- Reservations are not required, allowing for greater flexibility in planning your visit.
- It’s highly recommended to purchase tickets and any upgraded safaris in advance to minimize contact at the park.
- Valid admission tickets can be presented at the turnstiles for scanning.
- Stay updated with park policies during your visit, especially regarding face coverings and closures of specific exhibits.
- Lockers are available near the entrance at Safari Outfitters for your convenience.
Other San Diego Zoo Safari Park Discounts: Saving Money Inside the Park
Apart from ticket discounts, there are additional ways to save money while inside the park. Here are a few tips:
- Take advantage of the WildPerks program: If you have an annual membership, you can enjoy discounts on food and merchandise through the WildPerks program. Discounts range from 5% to 10% depending on your membership tier.
- Bring your own food and water: You’re allowed to bring your own food and drinks into the park, which can help minimize expenses. Just ensure you adhere to park regulations and avoid disposable straws.
- Limit additional spending: While there are opportunities to spend money on various activities and experiences within the park, such as feeding the lorikeets and ducks, it’s not necessary to spend extra money to enjoy your visit fully.
Parking Fees at San Diego Safari Park
Parking at San Diego Safari Park is available at the following rates:
- $20 per vehicle
- $38 for RV parking
Preferred parking is also available starting at $38 per vehicle. Please keep in mind that parking fees are paid upon arrival at the park.
Supporting Conservation Efforts
By purchasing tickets and spending money inside the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, you’re directly supporting their operating costs and the important conservation initiatives undertaken by the San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance, a nonprofit organization.
Remember, it’s always advisable to check the official park website for the most up-to-date information on prices, promotions, and policies.
Plan your visit to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park wisely, taking advantage of available discounts and ticket options. Enjoy an unforgettable day surrounded by amazing wildlife and contribute to conservation efforts at the same time.
Mother of 2 who disguises as a 9 to 5 finance professional on most days. She loves to travel, is an amateur website builder and cook. And given her day job, she loves travel planning and saving money. Follow along!