Experience the chill and thrill of Disney’s Blizzard Beach! This unique water park offers a flurry of fun with exciting water slides, a wave pool, and immersive experiences. In this article, we’ll explore the recent updates and changes that have taken place on the Blizzard Beach in the last little while. Get ready to discover what’s new and plan your next icy adventure!
For a pdf download of the updated Blizzard Beach Map at Walt Disney World, scroll down to the bottom of this page.
Facilities and Activities
Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park had several noteworthy updates and events in 2022 and 2023. Here are the main points:
In 2023, the water park reopened with a series of enhancements, with new attractions introduced to the delight of visitors.
The park features areas with new “Frozen” theming, which can be seen in the Tike’s Peak Kids’ area where guests can see statuettes of Olaf and his friends in the wading pool as well as Elsa and Anna’s igloo castle.
The water park’s facilities were upgraded and maintained to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all visitors.
The park has added Frozen characters, including Elsa, Anna, Olaf, Kristoff, and a family of snowmen, to the Tykes Peak area.
The Tykes Peak area has been updated with Frozen-themed elements, such as snowman figures and water sprays.
Premium seating options have been introduced, including private clam shells and patios with loungers and shade.
New food and beverage options
The park offers various food options, including hot dogs, nachos, salads, ice cream cones, and specialty drinks.
The park operated seasonally and was closed from Jan 1 to Nov 13 of 2022.
The park underwent a refurbishment that started on March 19, 2023. During this time, Typhoon Lagoon, another Disney-operated water park, reopened. Blizzard Beach finally reopened on November 6, 2023.
Blizzard Beach operates on a part-time schedule, with at least one park open every day, weather permitting. Going forward, it is predicted that the water parks will alternate being open in six-month stretches. Typhoon Lagoon will be open from March through September, while Blizzard Beach will be open from September through March.
Updated Official Map:
1534 Blizzard Beach Drive, Orlando, FL 32836, USA
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is Blizzard Beach? Blizzard Beach is the largest water park at Walt Disney World Resort. It applies an outrageous ski resort theme to an awesome water adventure park. It’s action-oriented, with the emphasis on slides and thrills. It features over 17 slides, a wave pool, an area for pre-teens, and an area especially for little tikes. The water is heated to 80 degrees at Blizzard Beach.
- What dining options are available at Blizzard Beach? Blizzard Beach offers a variety ofdining options including Lottawatta Lodge, a quick-service eatery serving classic American fare, and I.C. Expeditions for those with a sweet tooth.
- What entertainment options have been enhanced at Blizzard Beach? The Melt-Away Bay, a one-acre wave pool, and Ski Patrol Training Camp, an interactive play area for older kids, are among the entertainment options that have been enhanced at Blizzard Beach.
- What services have been updated at Blizzard Beach? Blizzard Beach has expanded its mobile ordering service to additional restaurants and food carts. They have also made improvements in wheelchair and stroller accessibility, updated assistive listening systems, and enhanced accessibility services.
- Where can I find the updated map of Blizzard Beach? The updated map of Blizzard Beach can be downloaded from the official Disney website or found at the park.
Mother of 2 who disguises as a 9 to 5 finance professional on most days. She loves to travel, is an amateur website builder and cook. And given her day job, she loves travel planning and saving money. Follow along!